We want YOU to join us for Midsummer Arts Faire (formerly Q-FEST) in Quincy, IL June 23-25, 2023. Artist applications will start being accepted on October 21, 2022 until March 2, 2023. Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Love Our Artists!
In Quincy, our community prides itself on hospitality, and we believe there is no better example of our warmth than how we treat our exhibiting artists. We try to think of everything: assistance unloading, water delivered to your booth, booth sitters for meal and bathroom breaks. Our volunteers bend over backwards to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Beyond this kindness, we work tirelessly to promote the Festival in the Quincy region and beyond to bring in a large crowd to purchase your art. We fund raise constantly to grow our awards and increase the amount of Art Fare ($) in people’s hands. We just know you will love our Festival as much as we do.
3 DAYS | FRIDAY-SUNDAY
FINE & FRESH ART SHOW
5,000 EST. ATTENDANCE
$5000 IN AWARDS
$8500 IN ART FARE DOLLARS*
$586,000 ECONOMIC IMPACT
*Sponsored & sold in advance of the weekend to use for purchases of artwork at Midsummer Arts Faire.
Midsummer Arts Faire (formerly Q-FEST) Fine & Fresh art show is located in a beautiful shady park in the heart of our vibrant downtown. Easy access and flow to and within the park directs patrons into the 50+ artists booths comfortably situated within generous 10’x10′ spaces. Complementing the sale of fine art is free hands-on art activities, a local food court, entertainment, including very popular Blues in the District concert on Friday night and District Street Dance Saturday evening.
The Fine & Fresh art exhibition and sale includes artists chosen by a five-member panel of jurors including arts professionals. Many of our artists have so enjoyed the atmosphere, community, volunteers and sales that a mix of new and returning artists continue to apply each year. Artist exit surveys each year praise our volunteers for the excellent service and hospitality provided to our artists.
FOR THE ARTISTS:
- Over $5000 in awards including a Best of Show Purchase Award
- Over $8500 in Art Fare sponsored and sold to purchase art work during Midsummer Arts Faire
- $25 Application Fee, $200 Booth Fee
- Convenient, drive-up set up/tear down
- Above & Beyond Hospitality including water service, booth sitting & more!
- FREE reserved parking & electricity
- Extensive multimedia marketing & public relations efforts including website, print, tv, radio & more!
2022 Award Winners
- Hansen-Spear Funeral Home Award – Cindy Hose (painting)
Jeff & Theresa Spear Award – Frank Kobilsek (wood)
Quincy Artists’ Guild Young Collectors Gallery Awards:
- 3rd Place – K. Nadine Mitchell (mixed media)
- 2nd Place – Gracelynn & Ike Tamarak (sculpture)
- 1st Place – Steven Ryan (clay)
- Jamie Green (painting)
Kohl Wholesale Merit Awards (4)
- Erin Gray (painting)
- Allison Norfleet Bruenger “Scenic Trust” (jewelry)
- Tim Schroll “This Old House” (photography)
- Joseph Bodus “St. Louis”(drawing)
TI-Trust Achievement in Art Awards (3)
- Cameron Smith “How to Wrap 3 Stones” (glass)
- Christopher Kukla (clay)
- Steven Ryan (clay)
Gardner Denver/Ingersoll Rand – Awards of Excellence (2)
- Frank Kobilsek (wood)
- K. Nadine Mitchell (mixed media)
Father Tom Brown Award
- Peggy Burchard-Ballard “Oviparous” (mixed media)
Pat Surface Founders Award
- Jimmy Liu “Fish Teapot” (clay)
Best of Show Purchase Award
- Ann Miller Titus “All The Things We Carry” (fiber)